What We Do
Our Pastoral Mentors work each week in the Secondary Schools who have a Service Level Agreement with us to support students to:
- Understand and process the complexity of emotions that are a part of loss/grief (including anger, anxiety and low mood/depression)
- Reduce the distress they are experiencing
- Build their resilience to cope in order that:
- they recognise their innate value, strengths and resources
- their social relationships improve
- their ability to concentrate and engage with education increases
- they can achieve more
* Our fully completed Referral form and the consent of the student’s parent or carer are required for us to engage in the work. All of our Pastoral Mentors receive regular case-supervision from a qualified and experienced Team Leader/Supervisor as well as on-going training.
This way up has done such a fantastic job with some of our most vulnerable students
- Ms Smith, Senco at St Peter's Catholic School
Service Level Agreement
We provide three 1:1 Pastoral Mentoring appointments in school for 38 weeks of the academic year, accompanied by weekly Brief Summaries of the work and an End-of-Intervention Summary that includes outcome measures for each student.
Written summaries and other communication with school staff and any other professionals respect both the confidentiality of the student and the principles of best safeguarding practice. End-of-Intervention Summaries include the outcome measures from our use of the Young Persons CORE.