All of our Training is based on proven theoretical models; provide clear key messages and frameworks; uses an interactive style and allows space for discussion, reflection and questions. We offer training for schools and community/church groups as well as class sessions for students in Secondary Schools. To invite us to deliver any of our training and discuss the cost and your specific requirements, please fill out the form below.
Bereavement & Loss Awareness Sessions for Secondary School Students | Our bereavement awareness sessions are an opportunity for young people in schools to engage with the topic of grief and loss with a trained mentor and facilitator. These sessions can be included as part of the PSHE curriculum. They usually take up one normal lesson, and can be adapted to suit any specific needs. Typically sessions will cover:
- The impact of loss on a young person.
- The process of grief.
- The best ways to support people dealing with loss.
- Recommendations on where to receive support/answer questions.
To invite a us to deliver a lesson at your school, please complete the form.
Staff Training for Schools: The Bereavement & Loss Toolkit | It can be incredibly challenging to support students who are dealing with grief and loss. Whether it is through bereavement or family break up, the impact is huge and it is vital for teachers to have the tools to offer guidance and support. Our toolkit provides you with those tools.
Our training will help you to:
- Understand the nature of a student’s grief and how to support them in /positive and effective ways.
- Work with difficult feelings. There will be various exercises/demonstrations of creative ways of working with children.
- Increase your knowledge of the grief process by presenting a variety of bereavement theories in a simplistic way.
- Raise your awareness of the issues involved with grief through theory, exercises and discussion.
To invite us to deliver session/s at your school, please complete the form.
Peer Mentoring for Secondary School Students | This can be delivered as a one session introduction; a half-day overview; or a full day of interactive sessions for your students. Sessions can cover:
- Who/What is a Peer Mentor?
- Listening skills
- Mentoring vs Friendship (boundaries)
- Confidentiality and Communication
Community Support Training | We offer training for youth workers, Children's Services and Young Carers support teams, church pastoral teams and other groups who want to understand how best to support and care for the young people dealing with loss in their communities. This may be for one group/church or for several groups/churches in a local area.
Invite A Speaker | If you would like to book a speaker for your event, conference or church service to share on the topic of grief, loss and how best to support young people during this time, please fill out the form below to get in touch.